Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Bourne Ultimatum
[2007]

Starring:
Matt Damon
Julia Stiles
Jean Allen

average rating:
~
performance:
screenplay:
plot/storyline:
cinematography:
~
Action

This was quite the disappointment. I admit that I was all excited to learn the rest of Jason Bourne's story. But this did not live up to my expectations, I wouldn't even say that it didn't live up to the Bourne story at all.

The beginning was actually quite promising, but the movie quickly plunged into a déjà vu-ish combination of the first two movies. There was little more discovered about Jason, and everything that was discovered was information one might have figured out on their own. The camera shots, while interesting in the first two movies, jumped off the deep end. Everything was shot by hand-held cameras, making every scene choppy and hard to watch.

If you have seen the first two movies, I recommend finishing the series, but I do wish it had been better. :(

No comments: